Hi! As you've probably gathered, my name is Paul and I'm a filmmaker. Here are some things about me:
- As I'm sure you've already been wondering, my last name is pronounced with a silent H (“gel-ming.”) Its origins are Swedish, though a proper Swede would pronounce it “hyell-ming.” Why did my ancestors decide to pronounce it wrong? Your guess is as good as mine.
- In 2013, I graduated from Bethel University, majoring in communication studies and minoring in film.
- It's hard to pick favorites but some directors that I love are are Krzysztof Kieślowski, Ingmar Bergman, Todd Haynes, Paul Thomas Anderson, Brian De Palma, Terry Gilliam, and Terrence Malick.
- I'm a huge perfectionist, I love waking up early and my Myers-Briggs type is ENFJ.
- When I'm not watching or making films I like to pretend I'm good at graphic design, visit art museums, and read thought-provoking books.