Hi! As you've probably gathered, my name is Paul and I'm an aspiring filmmaker. Here are some things about me:
- As I'm sure you've already been wondering, my last name is pronounced with a silent H (“gel-ming.”) Its origins are Swedish, though a proper Swede would pronounce it “hyell-ming.” Why did my ancestors decide to pronounce it wrong? Your guess is as good as mine.
- Though my dream is to work in Hollywood or New York, writing and directing my own narrative films, for now I'm focused on honing my skills here in the Twin Cities area where I grew up.
- In 2013, I graduated from Bethel University, majoring in communication studies and minoring in film.
- It's hard to pick favorites but some directors that I love are are Krzysztof Kieślowski, Ingmar Bergman, Todd Haynes, Paul Thomas Anderson, Brian De Palma, Terry Gilliam, and Terrence Malick.
- I'm a huge perfectionist, I love waking up early and my Myers-Briggs type is ENFJ.
- When I'm not watching or making films I like to pretend I'm good at graphic design, visit art museums, and read thought-provoking books.